Wednesday, April 17, 2013

some of these people are ME?

OOPS! I thought I might add to this one ... but not, so then I forgot to post it! 

I know I haven't been posting dreams as they happen... maybe I need to leave the computer up and running so when I wake up I can type it in ... usually, though, I remember strong bits and then I start remembering how those bits go together. That's what draft mode is for... ooooohhhh!

Earlier this week (March 23-29, 2013), I remember dreaming I was in a small bathroom. Two (African/American) girls were talking while a third (A/A) was examining the walls. The two went out and closed the door. They took a handmade potpourri hanger and shoved it through the cat-door that was cut into the bottom of the door. The third girl didn't notice. The hanger was made of a lace-covered embroidery hoop with a piece of light blue ribbon. The potpourri filled the hoop. The girl was looking for a place to hang it, and decided it would be okay on the nail outside the door. I got her attention and gestured toward the door and the hanger that lay on the floor. She frowned, wondering why the girls would do that. Then, she decided that was not the best place after all and continued tugging at loose wallpaper to find a better spot to hang it. I also pulled off some wallpaper, revealing a textured ivory colored paper underneath. I was about to use the wallpaper as TP, when I realized that there was TP on my right, but it had been unrolled and piled under the roller. I wasn't worried if it was clean - I was sure it was - and I talked aloud to the room, mostly to the young man on my left, justifying why I nearly used wallpaper instead. I looked around - besides myself and the girl with the potpourri hanger, there was a young white man on my left, and another young white woman and a child (male? female?-I think, Latino? white?) - is this a family restroom? The young woman nearest the child agreed that times have changed and the ideas of privacy have changed. I am trying to be as discrete as possible with my business.....

<yeah, that was weird...and why is it important that I remmebered the ethnicities of the others? Is that a clue to something? >



No comments:

Post a Comment