Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday, July 13, 2012 - I awoke at 04:35am from this dream:

"...I can't believe that tomorrow all this will be gone! Shoot, in five more minutes all this will be gone!" I tell my sister as I snatch my hooded wool coat from the closet along with the purple Blarney wool scarf she brought me from Ireland.
"Your Bible?" she asks.
"Did you want my other Bible?" I reply. Apparently, I have the Bible I use most often already in safety. The Bible in the closet is an extra that I rarely use.
"No, it's okay. I didn't know if you saw it."

Moments before, she and I were stacking personal items (books, dishes, trinkets, clothes...) in the middle of the room with some other women. At least one of the women was foreign (ethnicity?). That woman was lamenting how she was going to miss everything. I picked up a souvenir spoon that was still in its plastic case and white shop bag. A receipt stuck out of the case. I held it up for someone to claim. "Not mine!" they all replied. I looked at the receipt and realized it was mine - from France. I put the spoon and bag with receipt in my shirt pocket and kept working, wondering if I was petty (?) for keeping the souvenir.

As we finished stacking everything... in a pile about four feet (1.5 metres) high and nearly as long as the large industrial room we are in... I said (to someone), "Do you want to help me gather up what's left and put it in bags?" There were clothes and/or fabric on the floor beyond the pile and some cloth bags we could use to stuff them in. I suddenly realized there were things left in the closet in front of me that I did not want to abandon (my coat, for one!). I went to the closet to recover them.

"I'm sorry! I just can't leave this!... I can't believe that tomorrow all this will be gone! Shoot, in five more minutes all this will be gone!" (gone = destroyed by fire)

My feelings are that I can take away anything I can carry. No other worries of where I'm going, staying, eating, etc. All basic needs are apparently met, but this place is about to be ablaze (by what cause???)

No comments:

Post a Comment